Let's Talk Genres #1 - Endless Choices


One of the greatest things we are blessed with in roleplaying is choice. We have the ability to play our games in endless ways. Fantasy, Post Apocalypse, Sci Fi, Horror, Supers, and any other sub genre we can think up, as well as endless variation of familiar and new game mechanics.

One of the things I wanted to explore was the different genres of our games. And from my completely personal and biased opinion, what is best in class, what is interesting or different, and what is damn fun. Also what new ideas or games are breaking the rules or conceptions we had about these genres.

I also hope to explore genres I dont have much or any experience in or know. The ability to create and publish great games is at an unprecedented level. So I hope to find and explore new great games from independent publishers as well. 

As I look forward, my plan is:

  • Summer is for Sci Fi
  • Fall is for Fantasy
  • Winter is for the Wastelands
  • Spring is for Supers

I plan to focus posts for Let's Talk Genres on those subjects during those periods. And since Summer officially arrived this last week...SUMMER IS FOR SCI FI!!


Comments